Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December Blog Hop Friends



It's another wonderful month and another blog hop with Blog Hop Friends. Tis the season for the holidays. I simply hope you enjoy my creations. For my specialty star project, I am working on a video and will have it posted soon. I hope you leave a comment or check out my other specials and classes. Be sure to check out the other blog hoppers. I love visiting each for the wonderful projects and ideas that are posted.

Happy Elf bearing gifts
I just loved cutting out the little gifts from the Home for Christmas Designer Series paper. trying to think of where the elf could hop, I thought why not Santa's Helper.


Frosty Scene
I just love the icy blues of winter. For some reason I am drawn to the blue colors of Christmas.

Here is my little something extra special
I was looking through a crafting magazine and found these beautiful paper star designs. I decided to try and use our DSP to see if the stars would be sturdy enough. It worked. All you need is one 12 X 12 piece of cardstock or DSP. Instructions are below.

  

These stars are large as you can see. If you would like smaller stars, you can cut the dimensions in 1/2. That would shrink them down by 1/2 their size.

For the star, you will need to:
1. Cut twelve 1/2 x 8 1/2-inch strips and six 1/2 x 1 1/2-inch strips from cardstock or DSP.
2. Cut six 1/2 x 7-inch strips.
3. Cut six 1/2 x 5 1/2-inch strips.

Fold six of the 1/2 x 8 1/2 strips in half to make a V shape. Arrange the V shapes so pointed ends meet in the center. Place the small V shapes between large V shapes at the ends so they create a branch at the tips. Glue the shapes together to make a six-spoke snowflake frame.

Fold the rest of the strips in half as well. Glue ends of each large folded strip inside a large V shape to form a teardrop. Glue ends of medium folded strips to large teardrops. Glue ends of small folded strips inside medium teardrops. Let dry and embellish. I hope to have a video tutorial soon. Click to see video tutorial.

Be sure to continue on to the other Blogging Friends to see their wonderful creations.

Happy Stampin'
Mary Blocher
The Power Huff Stamper

http://www.mybeautyscraps.com/2015/12/bfbh3.html
Danica's Blog
Mary Blocher  (You are here)
Jodi Horsley 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment