Thursday, December 29, 2016

It's a Few of My Favorites


With the New Year upon us, it's time to reflect on a few of my favorite creations. My family celebrated my daughter's Sweet 16 as well as a stay in Hawaii for my daughter's dance company. My nephew also got married. These occasions certainly helped me get into some creativity in stamping. I hope you enjoy.


In it's closed position hiding the birthday surprise.
Surprise!

I love using DSP and the balloon punch for the perfect pop
on this 3-D creation 
Samantha loves her special card!


Well before Sam's Sweet 16, our family flew to Hawaii for her dance company trip. This dance group takes a great trip every two years. We were lucky to be able to go. While there, my other daughter, Julianne celebrated her 18th birthday. I used the Botanical Gardens bundle for her card (Retired). I hope you enjoy.

These colors fit our trip to Hawaii

The heart of our trip was for my daughter to have some great experiences with her dance company. They go to workshops, perform at places, and well just have some fun. I captured a few pictures to keep these memories. Project Life by Stampin' Up! makes everything so easy.  Enjoy!

There was so much fun during this dance company trip. Samantha really enjoyed
 hanging out with her friends

The Project Life cards are great to layer, slip
right in a slot, or even cut out shapes from the
cards

The weather and plants were amazing. The
girls also loved learning to dance. I really like
the enamel shapes Stampin' Up! offers
One of the most recent events was my nephew, Wyatt's wedding. It was a very small wedding in a cabin. This lent itself to a country kind of feel. I knew that I wanted to create something special for them. I found this chicken wire heart (I love hearts!) and knew I had to have this. I hope you get some ideas for decor too.

Soft Subtles is the perfect color group for this nod to love.
I love the Butterflies Thinlits You can use the Big Shot
to cut and create flowers. I did for a few that you see

Using pearls and the Layered Alphebet stamp set creates a
great focal point

I can't leave until I share 2 of my favorite hand stamped projects with you. I can't tell you how much I love Stampin' Up! Hostess only sets. Love You Lots is in the current Annual catalog and is my all time favorite.

There is wonderful texture to this elephant. I also love
Washi Tape
I love how you can completely change a look by using
accessories as well as the striking DSP (another of my faves).
You can find the Affectionately yours DSP on the
Close-out sale through January 3rd

I hope you have enjoyed a few of my favorite projects I have made in the past year. Now it's time to look to the New Year with the wonderful things Stampin' Up! has to offer as well as my own specials just for you. You are just in time for Sale-A-Bration. It is the most wonderful time of the year. Be sure to check back for more ideas. 

Happy Stampin',
Mary Blocher
The Power Huff Stamper











No comments:

Post a Comment