Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Blogging Friends Fun Folds Hop

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the first of May and the Blogging Friends Blog Hop. Many demonstrators get together each month to share what we love with stamping. This month we wanted to spend some time sharing "Fun Fold" cards. These are very popular and are fun to create. Take a look around at all the Blogging Friends blogs. Comment and share too. 


My first project is quite a simple one but really gives a great affect. It is a gate card that is made with a standard 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" base card. From their, I scored each end at 2 1/16".I used the Layering Circles and Stitched Shapes Framelits for my focal point. Country Living Stamp set is what I used for the stamps. The saying came from the cute set called A Good Day out of the Occasion's Catalog. I also used the Bronze Stampin' Blend marker to color a few pearls to add more dimension.



Okay, my next project is known as a "Z-Fold", which is also quite a simple fold, but can have so many possibilities. For my birthday card, I used Night of Navy and Rose Red Cardstock. Pretty Kitty stamp set and the Balloon Bouquet Punch. This card also uses the base for a standard A2 card like my first project. With a "Z-Fold" card, you usually fold your cardstock in half and then fold that half back to meet the spine of the card. For this one, I wanted the DSP to show, so I only folded back part way.



Surprise! The balloons get stretched out and the sentiment is shown. The kitty is holding those balloons so they don't fly away. I had so much fun with this project. If you don't have the balloon punch, you need to put that on your list. You can create great projects by combining them with other sets for perfect birthdays or celebrations. I hope you have enjoyed my "Fun Fold" projects today. It's time to head over to Michelle's blog to see what fun she has created. Thanks for stopping by today. 





Mary Blocher (You are Here)









No comments:

Post a Comment