Saturday, September 24, 2022

Stampin' Saturday with Nuts About Squirrels - Gotta Love Those Squirrels!


Hi Everyone,

Welcome to my blog. I'm so ready for all the fall colors. For me in the Pacific Northwest in Washington State, it is taking a bit of time for the colors to change on the trees. I think next week and on the big change will be here.

I had to create with the Nuts about Squirrels Stamp set by Stampin' Up! These squirrels are so cute with their bushy tails. I watch a squirrel that is kind of a resident in our yard. He runs along the fence line and then hurls himsef to the tree trunk that is quite a ways from the fence. He is really cute. He likes to eat the blackberry leaves. Yes we have lots of natural blackberry bushes where we live. Yum!


I wanted to feature both squirrels, so I decided to make a little Peek-a-Boo flap on the front of the card. You wouldn't normally expect this, but it's those darn cute squirrels, right? The dimensions for the Crushed Curry piece is 2 1/2 X 3 1/8". The Very Vanilla Peek-A-Boo flap is 
6 1/4" X 2 3/8" scored at 3 1/8".


So this squirrel is so cute! It has such a sneaky face. One of the things I really like about this card is the embossed panel on a layer that I added to the base of the card. It is the Leaf Fall 3D Embossing folder. It is such a textured piece to give the card more interest. 

Designer Series Paper (DSP) also give a lot of texture and richness to your projects. I let the DSP colors determine my cardstock and ink colors. It all coordinates so well. I used the Rings of Love DSP from Sale-A-Bration. It is no longer available, but I think the Celebrate Everything 12" x 12" DSP is awesome! Check it out!


Remember to never leave the inside of your cards naked. The place we put our hearfelt messages should be special too. I love the leaf stamp with it's vein companion stamp. So cute!

I hope you liked my card today and are inspired to create your own fall projects. If you want more details on my card, you can access my Saturday Stamping video. 


Thanks again for stopping to check out my blog today. I hope you follow and come back again for tips and ideas for stamping and papercrafting. Check out my online store and calendar of events for classes and specials. 

Happy Stampin',
Mary Blocher
Mary's Stampin' Café

No comments:

Post a Comment