Saturday, August 26, 2023

Saturday Stampin' with Winter Owl Week #3

 


Hi Everyone,
THanks so much for stopping in today. I've created a third card in three weeks with the Winter Owls Bundle. I love owls and birds and the dies have so many possibilities.


The card I've created today is a techique called a book bind card. Simply scoring two lines an inch apart creates this "binded" edge. Here are the measurements of my card:

  • Misty Moonlight base: Cut 4 1/4" x 11", Score at 5 1/2" and 4 1/2". You can score 5 1/2" and 6 1/2" too. It really doesn't matter.
  • Cut another piece of Misty Moonlight at 4" x 4 3/8" for the forest layer
  • Strip of Misty Moonlight for sentiment
  • Cut a piece of Basic White Cardstock at 4" x 4 3/8" for inside of card
  • Thick Basic White for die-cutting the detailed owl die and moon
  • More Dazzle Specialty paper for the wings

You can really see the texture detail in the More Dazzle specialty paper. This is perfect for the additional layers of the wings. 


This card is also a Monochromatic card. This means you are keeping mostly to one color and varying degrees of that color. I love the look of Monochromatic cards. You can watch my video to see how I put the card together to create the binded edge with the ribbon. 


Thanks again for stopping in for the third card using the Winter Owls Bundle coming in the September-December 2023 Mini Catalog. It releases for customers on September 6th. If you don't have a demonstrator, I would like to have you as part of my Stampin' Café friends. Check out my social links and weekly Facebook Lives. Want a copy of the new mini catalog? Fill out this form, so I can get one out to you. 

Happy Stampin',
Mary Blocher
Mary's Stampin' Café



No comments:

Post a Comment