Sunday, September 24, 2023

Stampin' Saturday, Create a Faux Quilt Square Card that Says Boo!


Hi Everyone,

Thanks for stopping in. Today I'm sharing some cardmaking inspiration on my Saturday Stampin'. I see so many creative projects and the Celebration New Year's card created by my friend, Susan really caught my eye. 


Susan's stunning card uses the Shining Brightly 12" x 12" Specialty Designer paper and the Light the Sky Bundle both found in the September-December 2023 Mini Catalog. There are so many wonderful products in this year's mini.


The layout of Susan's card reminds me of quilting, so I'm calling it the Faux Quilt Square card (even though it's not a square). This is created by using strips of the DSP to outline the central focus. I decided since I was created Halloween and fall cards recently, I would create a card using the Them Bones 12" x 12" Designer Series paper and a few other goodies from the mini catalog as well. 



Them Bones DSP is such a wonderful package of paper! There are so many great designs and the pages the have the image cards is wonderful! You can simply cut apart these cards and use them for a layer or in the center as I did on my card.


The added die-cut bats, ghost, and skeleton dog really made this card Boo!

To make this Faux Quilt Square card, you simply need some of your wonderful designer series papers, sentiments, and a paper trimmer. 

To Make This card layout: 
  • 1" x 2 5/8" (x2) DSP 
  • 1" x 3 7/8" (x2) DSP
  • 4" x 5 1/4" (layer on Base)
  • 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (Base)
When you create this card, everyone you create will look so different depending on what DSP you decide to use. I'd love to see what you create, so do share. You can find more details on my video if you would like to see the card in action. 


Thanks again for stopping in. I've listed the products I used for my Stampin' Saturday inspiration. You can click to purchase any of these from my online store. 

Happy Stampin'
Mary Blocher
Mary's Stampin' Café

No comments:

Post a Comment