Thursday, February 15, 2024

Freshly Made Sketch Challenge Meets New Magnolia Mood Bundle


Hi Everyone,

With the bite of winter in the PNW, I'm ready to start feeling the sun a little more. Today is the perfect day for participating in the current Freshly Made Sketch Challenge. I have 8" of snow from overnight and it's still snowing with a bit of rain mixed in. I live in this Hood Canal region in Washington State and we just seem to get hit with those possible snow forecasts. 

Anyway, back to the stamping fun! I shared some of the upcoming Online Exclusives by Stampin' Up! during my FB Live session on Wednesday. I decided that the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge #623 would be so fun to share more of the upcoming products. I really like to do sketch challenges because a lot of the design work is done and you can simply create. 


For this card, I used several upcoming Online Exclusives. The Magnolia Mood Bundle is the main product. I also used the Flowering Zinnias 12" x 12" Designer Series paper pack and the Adhesive-Backed Shiny Gems.


For my sketch challenge card, I decided to use the beautiful Magnolia Mood dies as the focal point. I die-cut the large detailed die with Lemon Lime Twist CS and then again in Basic White. I cut the main flower out of the Basic White to then layer in the center (to cover the green flower).


Then I die-cut the smaller detailed flower die and layered it on top of the large flower. I also added some of the smaller die-cut leaves to fill out the central focal point. I added a bit of Bubble Bath sponging to the flowers and embossed piece.


Of course adding those layers and a peek of the DSP is always a nice touch. I also think it adds stability and equal weight from the front of the card.

Thanks again for stopping in. I hope you like my card. You might even give this sketch challenge a try. I like to challenge my stamping friends in my stamping social FB group. This layout is going to be my challenge for these friends. I always offer a fun stamping prize for particpants. If you aren't in my social stamping FB group, you might want to join in. It is a private group, so only honest and crafty friends are allowed.


There are a couple weeks left of Sale-a-Bration. More FREE products are available in this month and the joining special is still on. I love the Glass Mat Studio additional offer. Not into that? Well add an additional $30 into your Starter Kit. Did you know that you can also add any of the Online Exclusive products that aren't available to customers until march? Yep, you can order anything that current demonstrators can order. Check out my joining blog for more details.


Be sure to check out other submissions for the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge #623. It's alway fun to see what other crafters are creating.
I hope you come back for my blog again. Let me know what you liked about my card. I like to hear from you.

Happy Stampin',
Mary Blocher
Mary's Stampin' Café



















 https://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love all the great texture! We have had a snow drought the past few years in the Northeast - i miss lots of snowstorms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, so glad you like my card. I hope your snow droughts start to go away. You need that water table to rise for sure!

      Delete
  2. These dies are beautiful! Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card with all the texture! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete