Friday, October 1, 2021

Create a Beautiful Explosion Card with Nature's Harvest (12 Fridays of Fall week 7)


Hi Everyone,

Well it's hard to believe that another Week has passed. It's time for my week 7 of the 12 Fridays of Fall projects. I just love my explosion card today!


Today's card is a Gate Fold card. This means you take a 5 1/2" x 8" base and score at 2 1/8" at each end. These ends fold into the center of the base to make a "gate". I used the Harvest Meadow 12" x 12" DSP and Nature's Harvest Stamp set. These are so awesome! I also cut 2 pieces for the DSP cut at 5 1/4" x 2" for the front panels.


I added a bit of splatter using the Bumblebee Stampin' Write Marker and the lid to flick the ink onto the card. You can see this in my video below.


When you create the explosion card, you will need to use a "belly band" to keep the card closed. I used another piece of the Harvest Meadow DSP cut at 1 1/2" x 9". The Cinnamon Cider piece is cut at 2 3/4" x 4 1/4". The Very Vanilla is cut at 2 1/2" x 4". 


Now the fun begins! The inside DSP is cut at 4" x 8". Then scored at 2", 4", 6". Then you score from each opposite corner of the DSP to the center 4" score edge. You might want to watch the video below for visuals.


The inside "Thank you" pieces are cut: Very Vanilla is 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" and the Cinnamon Cider is cut at 2 3/4" x 2 3/4". 


I hope you enjoyed my project today. I was inspired by fellow demonstrator, Julie Davidson. She created an explosion card using the Sweet as a Peach bundle. 

Thanks for stopping in today. It's so great to connect, so leave me a comment. I might just suprise you with a little giveaway. Let me know what you are crafting with.

Happy Stampin',
Mary Blocher
Mary's Stampin' Café


No comments:

Post a Comment