Friday, July 12, 2024

Double Wonder/One Sheet Wonder Class Projects and Recap

 

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for stopping in and checking out my Double Wonder/One Sheet Wonder Class projects. I loved this sketch by Shannon West a Stampin' Up! employee and demonstrator. Julie Davison created the PDF for the One sheet wonder which was so helpful. shout out to Julie.

When you look at this layout, it uses 2 sheets of DSP. You choose 2 complimentary DSP designs. Then you lay them together and cut at 
6" x 12". You then will use the 6" x 12" pieces (just 2 of them) for these projects. What's great is that you can repeat again with the other at another time. 

The card layouts that I am sharing will reflect the above template for cutting the DSP. It will go from right to left. For the first layout of 4 cards, I just the DSP at 4 1/2" from the end of the 6" x 12" pieces (keep the pieces together). The I turned the DSP at cut at 3". Then I cut those 3" pieces to 1 1/2". 
A couple of things to note on this first layout is that I used all white mats for all four projects. My one sample shows a Calypso Coral mat for the DSP, but I liked all of them to be white. Participants in this class got all of the embossing and tags for sentiments included. One thing I really like about this One Sheet Wonder is that the cards can be so different looking depending on the sheets of DSP you use. It was wonderful to see creativity of others. Here are a couple of cards from those who attended at my Stampin' Café. Notice what DSP designs they have.

Susan found a great use for the large "c" shaped piece and added flowers

I loved Julie's use of one of the wreaths with added flowers

Now Jessica created a super cute design with the flower pieces from the kit!

For the next four cards, I cut the next part of the DSP at 4". Then I turned the DSP to cut a 3/4" strip off the bottom. Then I turned it back so I would have 1" x 5 1/4" strips.


What I liked about this layout, is that I was able to do a little fancy fold for two of the cards. You can do this for all if you would like. I scored at 4 1/4" and 1 1/4". Then I folded back the 1 1/4" piece. The 1" DSP strips are perfect for this. *A note for these cards is that I included a white layer for the inside of the cards that you glue the DSP strip to it. Here are a couple more ideas from participants.

Susan switched up the base colors and created a beautiful sympathy card

Pam really went all out on this card and it's stunning!

Susan's wishing for a white Christmas with this pretty card

For the last projects in this One Sheet Wonder is already at 3 1/2" x 6". I turned the DSP and cut off a 2 1/4" piece and repeated again. Then I took the last strip, turned in at cut it in half at 1 3/4". This yields 2 cards + a bonus card. 
These cards turned out great. I didn't use the strips from layout 2 that were left over. I added them on the insides of the cards. I used a Pretty Peacock ribbon for one. The card on the right, I used one of the Frames & Flower pieces that had a rectangle space for a sentiment. I cut that apart and raised up that rectangle onto another cardstock piece. Then I added the greenery pieces back in place and added more embellishements. Let's see some other ideas.

Christ got more of that Pretty Peacock ribbon showing on her design

Another great technique that Christ did, wat to cut little strips of the cardstock or DSP to add more greenery 

What a super fun Double One Sheet Wonder Specialty Class. It was great to see everyone's creativity. I really like how the projects could vary depending on the DSP choice. In this class, I also provided 2 extra bonus projects. I think they were great.


This bonus project uses one of the pieces in the Frames & Flower Specialty papers. I love the diamond window! The class I offered also had the option to add the Poised Peony stamp set. I just loved using the Celebrate die from the Wanted to Say Die set. 


For this bonus card, again I used one of the layering pieces from the Frames & Flowers specialty DSP and created a shaker card. This is super easy! I took a medium clear envelope (Stampin' Up!). I added a piece of Basic white inside that measured just a bit bigger than the window. I added some fun frosted dots and others. Then folded the envelope over and sealed it. Then you just attached the DSP to the clear envelope and adhere it to the card base. 

I added a gift card pocket on the inside of the card. I took one of the DSP "cards" from the Frames I Flowers DSP and cut it in 1/2. I then folded each side just a smidge and glued the sides and bottom down to form the pocket. 


Did you know that this is the second time that the Frames & Flowers 12" x 12" Specialty paper has been unavialble? I even had to postpone my class by a couple of weeks. I do have two extra Double Wonder/One Sheet Wonder kits available. You will get the Frames & Flowers DSP, Rainbow Adhesive-Backed dots, a stamp case and supplies to create 13 fabulous projects like the ones I shared today. This is a $35 kit plus $9 shipping if needed. I only have 2 kits available, so it's first come. first served. Fill out this form asap to not miss out.

I also recorded a video for an overview and some tips and tricks. These are my ideas, but I encourage you to add your own creativity and flair to your projects. Reach out of you have any questions.


Until next time...
Happy Stampin',
Mary Blocher
Mary's Stampin' Café































No comments:

Post a Comment