Monday, July 8, 2024

My Second Christmas in July Card with Nest of Nature Suite of Products from Creativity Now Event

 


Hi Everyone,

Thanks for stopping in today to see my creation. I loved the Creativity Now Event that was a virtual event hosted by Stampin' Up! This was a four hour event where we got to create several great projects and hear about the creating process for papers, stamps, and suites. I have participated in several of these events and I think this year was my favorite. Here are a few of the projects that we created. Then I'll talk about my newest card for today.


The focus for this event was with the Nest of Nature Suite, but we really used the Winterly Tree Tops Bundle. I'm pretty sure these products will become available in September with the release of the September-December 2024 Mini Catalog.


I liked that the second and third cards tied in together. We used the negative of the ordering frame dies as a mask for the third card. I loved the look of the varing green color you got on the branches as you used the Blending Brushes. 


This last project was created as a gift box. I used the mini Paper Pumpkin boxes. These would be perfect with a set of notecards and envelopes with matching designs. 


It was such a nice morning crafting with my demonstrator friends Arla, Julie, and Gabby. 


Of course this event got me so inspired to create more with this fantastic suite. One thing that I really like is when Stampin' Up! designs their beautiful Designer Series Papers to coordiate so well with the stamp sets and Bundles. The Winterly Tree Top dies will cut out the birds in one of the sheets of the Designer Series Paper (DSP). Since you get two sheets of the same design, you can have so many birds for your holiday or other occasion projects. 





My card project really focused on the beautiful Nest of Winter 12" x 12" DSP. I just love that I have so many die-cut birds that are beautifully designed and colored by Stampin' Up! Artists. They are so pretty on this card.


When you die-cut images from the DSP, be sure to die-cut those on the edges too. They can be used for edges of your cards. I did this for the inside of my card.



I hope you enjoyed my projects and are getting inspired to get a head start of your holiday cards. I have a cardmaking class every 3rd Saturday of the month. This month the four projects are all holiday themed. You can check out my events and if you are local, reach out and reserve your space. 

Be sure to stop back and check out other Christmas in July projects I might share. 

Until next time...

Happy Stampin',
Mary Blocher
Mary's Stampin' Café













No comments:

Post a Comment